From Bonnie Stern as published in National Post (with some modifications) Makes 4-6 servings.
1/4 cup (50 mL) lemon juice
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 TB (15 mL) chopped fresh rosemary
1 tsp (5 mL) salt
1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
1/3 cup (75 mL) olive oil
6 large or 12 small boneless, skinless chicken thighs
Combine lemon juice, garlic, rosemary, salt, pepper and olive oil.
Pour over chicken and marinate one hour or overnight in the refrigerator.
Cook chicken on a hot barbecue about five minutes per side until well browned.
Transfer chicken to a preheated 375° F oven and cook 15 minutes longer until cooked through and a meat thermometer registers 165 F when inserted into the thickest part.
Notes and Tips...
- Chicken - not sure what a large boneless, skinless chicken thigh looks like. My grocer sells what I assume are small thighs on trays of 6. I always buy two trays, thus making this with 12 thighs - the marinade is enough for this. Even so, it's more like a meal for 4.
- Oven stage - once they are cooked, lower the oven temp and cover tightly with foil to keep warm. Be sure they remain moist and do not dry out, adding some lemony water if necessary.
- Make ahead - this is a great dish to prep the day before. The chicken tastes even better if marinated overnight.
- Special event - I once threaded the thighs onto short wooden skewers to make them easier to eat at a buffet type party. I did not want the skewers to burn, so did this after the BBQ stage, before they finished in the oven.
- For KB Recipe Attribution Practices please click here.